Andrew K. Adams
I'm a Senior Information Security Analyst within PSC’s Security Group, however, I'm presently funded through The Center for Trustworthy Scientific Cyberinfrastructure -- The NSF Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (CTSC), supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant ACI-1547272. I hold M.S. degrees in both computer science and information science (U. Pittsburgh), and have 20+ years of experience in computer networking research as a previous member of PSC’s Networking Group, including operational responsibilities in the 3ROX GigaPoP. While in PSC’s Security Group, I designed and developed multiple security oriented systems, performed risk assessments and developed security policies. At present, my focus is in privacy and policy.
As a current member of CTSC, my skills in security policy and operations have been utilized in several CTSC engagements, including:
- DataONE: Initiating a review of their cyberinfrastructure
- OSCRP: Developed a risk profile for open science (Blog Post, Initial Blog Post)
- USAP: Provided an in-depth review of their cyberinfrastructure (Blog Post)
- HubZERO: Developed a Master Information Security Policy and Procedures document and a Software Assurance and Testing Policy (Initial Blog Post)
- IBEIS/Wildbook: Explored alternative identity management options (Blog Post)
Additionally, I'm an active member in both CTSC's Situational Awareness group and Information Security programs.
- Peisert, Sean, Von Welch, Andrew Adams, RuthAnne Bevier, Michael Dopheide, Rich LeDuc, Pascal Meunier, Steve Schwab, and Karen Stocks, Open Science Cyber Risk Profile (OSCRP), Version 1.2. March 2017.
- V. Hazlewood, K. Benninger, G. Peterson, J. Charcalla, B. Sparks, J. Hanley, A. Adams, B. Learn, R. Budden, D. Simmel, J. Lappa, J. Yanovich, Developing Applications with Networking Capabilities via End-to-End SDN (DANCES), XSEDE16, Miami, FL, July 17-21, 2016.
- Andrew K. Adams and Adam J. Lee, "Combining Social Authentication and Untrusted Clouds for Private Location Sharing", in Proceedings of the 18th ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies (SACMAT), June 2013.
- A. Adams, A. J. Lee, and D. Mosse, "Receipt-Mode Trust Negotiation: Efficient Authorization Through Outsourced Interactions", in Proceedings of the Sixth ACM Symposium on Information, Computer, and Communication Security (ASIACCS 2011), March 2011.
- V. Paxson, A. Adams, "Experiences with NIMI,", Symposium on Applications and the Internet 2002, Proceedings, February 2002.
- A. Adams, M. Mathis, "A System for Flexible Network Performance Measurement", INET 2000, Proceedings, July 2000.
- A. Adams, T. Bu, R. Caceres, N. Duffield, T. Friedman, J. Horowitz, F. Lo Presti, S. B. Moon, V. Paxson, and D. Towsley, "The Use of End-to-end Multicast Measurements for Characterizing Internet Network Behavior,", IEEE Communications, Vol.38, No.5, May 2000.
- V. Paxson, A. Adams, M. Mathis, "Experiences with NIMI,", Passive and Active Measurement Workshop 2000, Proceedings, April 2000.