|Papers by the Advanced Networking Group|
|Prior to 2001|
2012 - 2001
- A. Adams, A.J. Lee, and D. Mosse, "Receipt-Mode Trust Negotiation: Efficient Authorization Through Outsourced Interactions" in Proceedings of the Sixth ACM Symposium on Information, Computer, and Communication Security (ASIACCS 2011), March 2011.[PDF]
- M. Mathis, "Reflections on the TCP Macroscopic Model", Computer Communication Review, volume 39, number 1, Jan 2009. [PDF]
- M. Mathis, J. Heffner, P. O'Neil, P. Siemsen, "Pathdiag: Automated TCP Diagnosis", PAM 2008. [PDF]
- C. Rapier and B. Bennett, "High speed bulk data transfer using the SSH protocol", MG '08: Proc. of 15th ACM Mardi Gras Conference. pp. 1-7, 2008.
- J. Heffner, M. Mathis, B. Chandler, "IPv4 Reassembly Errors at High Data Rates", Internet Standards Track RFC4963, July 2007. [RFC 4963]
- M. Matthis, J. Heffner, R. Raghunarayan, "TCP Extended Statistics MIB", Internet Standards Track RFC4898, May 2007. [RFC 4898]
- M. Matthis, J. Heffner, "Packetization Layer Path MTU Discovery", Internet Standards Track RFC4821, March 2007.[RFC 4821]
- C. Rapier, M. Stevens, Application Layer Network Window Management in the SSH Protocol
Presented at Supercomputing Conference 2004
- S. Uhlig, O. Bonaventure, V. Magnin, C. Rapier, and L. Deri, "Implications of the Topological Properties of Internet Traffic on Traffic Engineering", Proc. of ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (2004).
- S. Uhlig, O. Bonaventure, and C. Rapier, "3D-LD: A Graphical Wavelet-Based Method for Analyzing Scaling Processes", Proc. of ITC Specialist Seminar, pp. 329-336, 2003.
- M. Mathis, J. Heffner, R. Reddy, "Web100: Extended TCP Instrumentation for Research, Education and Diagnosis," ACM Computer Communications Review, Vol 33, (3), July 2003.
- N. Kelshikar, X. Zabulis, J. Mulligan, K. Daniilidis, V. Sawant, S. Sinha, T. Sparks, S. Larsen, H. Towles, K. Mayer-Patel, H. Fuchs, J. Urbanic, K. Benninger, R. Reddy and G. Huntoon, “Real-time Terascale Implementation of Tele-Immersion,” Workshop on Terascale Performance Analysis (ICCS 2003), Melbourne, Australia, June 2003.
- Dunigan, Mathis, Tierney, "A TCP Tuning Daemon", SuperComputing 2002.
- V. Paxson, A. Adams, " Experiences with NIMI," Proceeding of the 2002 Symposium on Applications and the Internet 2002, February 2002.
- A. Adams, M. Mathis, "A System for Flexible Network Performance Measurement," Proceedings of INET 2000, July 2000
- A. Adams, T. Bu, R. Caceres, N. Duffield, T. Friedman, J. Horowitz, F. Lo Presti, S.B. Moon, V. Paxson, D. Towsley, "The Use of End-to-end Multicast Measurements for Characterizing Internet Network Behavior," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 38, No. 5, May 2000.
- J. Semke, “ Implementation Issues of the Autotuning Fair Share Algorithm”, PSC Technical Report # CMU-PSC-TR-2000-0002, May 2000.
- J. Semke, “PSC TCP Kernel Monitor”, PSC Technical Report # CMU-PSC-TR-2000-0001, May 2000.
- V. Paxson, A. Adams, M. Mathis, " Experiences with NIMI," Proceedings of the Passive and Active Measurement Workshop 2000, April 2000.
- M.Allman, S.Dawkins, D.Glover, J.Griner, D.Tran, T.Henderson, J.Heidemann, J.Touch, H.Kruse, S.Ostermann, K.Scott, and J.Semke. “Ongoing TCP Research Related to Satellites.”Internet Request for Comments 2760 (rfc2760.txt), February 2000.
- M. Mathis, J. Semke, J. Mahdavi, K. Lahey, “The Rate-Halving Algorithm for TCP Congestion Control”, Draft, June, 1999.
- V. Paxson, M. Allman, S. Dawson, W. Fenner, J. Griner, I. Heavens, K. Lahey, J. Semke, B. Volz, “Known TCP Implementation Problems”, Internet Request for Comments 2525 (rfc2525.txt), March 1999.
- V. Paxson, J. Mahdavi, A. Adams, M. Mathis, “An Architecture for Large-Scale Internet Measurement”, IEEE Communications 36(8), pp 48-54, August 1998.
- A. Adams, J. Mahdavi, M. Mathis, V. Paxson, “Creating a Scalable Architecture for Internet Measurement”, Proceedings of INET’98, July 1998, Geneva, Switzerland.
- J. Semke, J. Mahdavi, M. Mathis, “Automatic TCP Buffer Tuning”, ACM SIGCOMM ‘98/ Computer Communication Review, volume 28, number 4, October 1998.
- V. Paxson, G. Almes, J. Mahdavi, M. Mathis, Framework for IP Performance Metrics, Internet Request for Comments 2330 (rfc2330.txt), May 1998.
- J. Mahdavi, “Enabling High Performance Data Transfers on Hosts: (Notes for Users and System Administrators)”, Technical note, Revised: December 1997.
- M. Mathis, J. Semke, J. Mahdavi, T. Ott, “The Macroscopic Behavior of the TCP Congestion Avoidance Algorithm”,Computer Communication Review, volume 27, number 3, pp. 67-82, July 1997.
- J. Mahdavi, M. Mathis, V. Paxson, “Creating a National Internet Measurement Infrastructure”, ISMA ‘97, May 1997.
- J. Mahdavi, S. Floyd, “TCP-Friendly Unicast Rate-Based Flow Control,” Technical note sent to the end2end-interest mailing list, January 8, 1997.
- F. Wimberly, M. Lambert, N. Nystrom, A. Ropelewski, W. Young, “Porting Third-Party Applications Packages to the CRAY T3D: Programming Issues and Scalability Results”, Parallel Computing, number 22, pp. 1073-1089, 1996.
- T.J.Ott, J.H.B. Kemperman and M. Mathis, “Window Size Behavior in TCP/IP with Constant Loss Probability”, November 1996. This paper is a revision of “The Stationary Behavior of Ideal TCP Congestion Avoidance” by the same authors.
- M. Mathis, J. Mahdavi, “ TCP Rate-Halving with Bounding Parameters”, Technical Note, October 1996.
- M. Mathis, J. Mahdavi, S. Floyd, and A. Romanow, “TCP Selective Acknowledgement Options”, Internet Request for Comments 2018 (rfc2018.txt) October 1996.
- M. Mathis, J. Mahdavi, “Forward Acknowledgment: Refining TCP Congestion Control,” Proceedings of SIGCOMM’96, pp. 281-191, August, 1996, Stanford, CA.
- Teunis J. Ott, J.H.B. Kemperman, and Matt Mathis, “The Stationary Behavior of Ideal TCP Congestion Avoidance”. Obtain draft via http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/ott96stationary.html, August 1996.
- M. Mathis, “Diagnosing Internet Congestion with a Transport Layer Performance Tool,” Proceedings of INET’96, June, 1996, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- M. Lambert, "A Model for Common Operational Statistics", Internet Request for Comments 1857 (rfc1857.txt), October 1995.
- M. Mathis, “Windowed Ping: An IP Layer Performance Diagnostic,” Computer Networks and ISDN Systems 27, 449-459 (1994).
- M. Mathis, “ Windowed Ping: An IP Level Performance Diagnostic”, Proceedings of INET’94, June 1994.
- D. Lambert, C. Catlett, R. Moore, G. L. Huntoon, et al., “MetaCenter Networking: A White Paper”, October, 1992.
- J. Mahdavi, G. L. Huntoon, M. B. Mathis, “Enhancements to a Heterogeneous Supercomputing Environment”, Proceedings of the ISMM International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems, pp. 308-309, October, 1992.
- R. Butler, B. Chinoy, M. Hallgren, G. Hastings, G. Huntoon, P. Love, M. Mathis, and P. Zawada, “The NSF Supercomputing Centers’ joint response to the Request for Public Comment … next generation of the NSFnet.”, August 3, 1992.
- J. Mahdavi, G. L. Huntoon, M. B. Mathis, “Deployment of a HIPPI-based Distributed Supercomputing Environment at the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center,” Proceedings of the Workshop on Heterogeneous Processing, pp. 93-96, March 1992.
- Nydick et al, “An AFS Based Mass Storage System at the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center,” 11th IEEE Symposium on Mass Storage Systems, October 7-19 1991, Monterey, CA.
- R. L. Clay, J. Mahdavi, G. J. McRae, “Scheduling in the Presence of Uncertainty: The Linear Assignment Problem,” Proceedings of AICHE National Meeting, August, 1991.
- J. C. Honig, D. Katz, M. Mathis, Y. Reckhter and J. Y. Yu, “Applications of the Border Gateway Protocol in the Internet”, June 1990, RFC1164 USC/Information Sciences Institute.